Tradies have among the highest number of injuries, musculoskeletal conditions and other health and safety risks of any profession. Every day 10 tradies are badly injured at work. That is 3650 tradies a year on workers compensation. Nearly a quarter of all roofers, labourers and plumbers experience back pain, muscle stress and strain from lifting equipment or slips, trips, and falls when handling materials.
Chiropractors play a critical role in providing early healthcare intervention support–through diagnosing, treating, and preventing disease and disability through physical means. Working in partnership with their patients, Chiropractors can help recovery from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility, and also prevent further injury.
How Can Chiropractic Help?
Chiropractors are experts in human movement. They understand how your muscles, bones, joints and ligaments work and how injuries happen.
Chiropractors are able to help get you back to work faster.
- Assess your muscle strength, flexibility and fitness to design an appropriate fitness program
- Teach you how to better handle loads, to move more efficiently and safely
- Teach you how to engage your trunk core stabilisers when performing a task
- Show you how to prevent injury in your home or workplace
- Improve general fitness and weight control
They may use:
- Chiropractic manipulative therapy (adjustments)
- Functional and rehabilitative exercises
- Neuromuscular injury prevention strategies, including proprioceptive balance training
- Massage and mobilisation to increase flexibility and range of movement directed towards soft-tissue structures, articular structures and neural tissue
- Muscle energy techniques
- Activity modification advice
- Biomechanical correction
- Postural assessment, correction and advice
- Ergonomic advice regarding work role modifications, if required
- Exercises to improve flexibility, strength, posture and core stability
Early intervention and treatment through chiropractic care and the promotion of preventative health and wellbeing can prolong working careers and improve general wellbeing for any worker in the trade industry.